What is “giving away your power” anyway? It’s when you slip into a disempowered place instead of feeling empowered and confident.
For example, you’re giving away your power when:
- you second guess yourself
- you over explain why you did or didn’t do something
- you apologize for things that weren’t your fault
- you over justify when you say “no” to someone or something
- you agree to do things you don’t want to do
- you seek reassurance (aka not trusting yourself)
- you pretend to agree when you don’t
- you don’t stand up for yourself and let others blame and shame you (there are ways to respectfully and compassionately do this)
- you take on other people’s energy
Let’s work on shifting this. Here’s how to do just that:
The first step is to be aware of it. Which example(s) above hit home for you the most? Do any other examples come to mind that smack you in the face?
Second, think about the change you want to make. How would you act if you felt empowered and confident instead? How would you show-up, make decisions, speak, dress, etc.? Who would you BE as that version of you?
Third, start visualizing this empowered and confident version of you every day.
Finally, map out some tangible examples in your life of where you can start behaving as this best version of you and start taking your power back.
“Act as if” over and over and over, until it becomes “if.”
The subconscious mind loves repetition. 98% of what you’re doing and how you’re showing-up in not conscious. Let’s make this conscious and start shifting it.
You deserve to be confident and powerful – meaning you can create and achieve anything your heart desires when you step into the best version of YOU.